I'm a woman

I'm a woman
Photos copyright Laurence Gouault
No reproduction on other media without the photographer's permission.

Monday 29 July 2013

Self doubt, self confidence, by Stevie Cocky Haston.

(c) Inigo Taylor

I don't normally do self doubt, neither do I do self confidence, I prefer to have a go, and see whats up. Lately though, I aint been having a go, I have felt a bit used up, and it might have given me a bit of self doubt, but luckily as I said I don't do self doubt. Anyway despite having lots of reasons not to try hard routes-like number one, I aint good enough-I decided to jump on some stuff. The above is a sterling project, I reckon its 8c+, its tip top, Cracker jack, a cosmic decoction of burly and ballerina. Its a very good reason to get on the training train, the train that I haven't been catching, the train I thought led to no where-it leads to this, a great route, and thats enough. 



This is me gearing up with optimism, under a route that has a low grade and flicks me off if I let her, sure as hell is hot, the optimism  was misplaced, and she flicked me off. 


(c) Inigo Taylor
This is Laurence looking fit, indeed is fit, but about to get her come up pence, for not working a couple of crucial exercises.

(c) Inigo Taylor
This project is called the Wasp, a project of the great local climber Phil, I recon it's got multiple stings in its tail. Its in a few guide books as a route, it isn't, which just goes to show don't believe everything you read.



Three friends under one of the best cliffs in France, and therefore the world. I have much to thank them for. They cheered me up.

(c) Inigo Taylor
Another old friend, a punch bag. Bruce Lee said, 'they don't hit back', he was wrong, he was wrong about many things, but he is venerated. A punch bag will happily exhaust me like no other exercise thingy in the world, 12 times 3 minute rounds, has left me heaving, I have never managed, 12 times 5. The punch bag is the finger/pullup board of fighting arts. Float Like a Butterfly, sting repeatedly like a Wasp. I haven't had self doubt, but I have certainly been scared of training, not a wasp, a wuss.