I'm a woman

I'm a woman
Photos copyright Laurence Gouault
No reproduction on other media without the photographer's permission.

Monday 26 May 2014

Just Crucify me, by Stevie Haston.


So,  there are ups and downs in a climbers life, highs and lows even, but not being able to red point things is defo a low. Worse is realising your really crap, and worser still is knowing your crap cos you aint got it together latley. So, that's right crucify me! They used to crucify particularly bad people upside down! 


This is me shopping for a comfy cross. The above, above, photo, is King of Kings on Gozo, a strange island full of great climbing and the only place I know where you can buy or rent tailor made crosses!


Back in France the Front National has polled 24 percent! I am ashamed to be French! The local Bio market was however abundantly wonderful brimming with good things but there too there was trouble brewing. I talk to a couple of people were were prosecuted for selling prohibited vegetables, quelle horreur! We are talking carrots here, and tomatoes, not hallucinogenic, or facist vegetables like some politicians! The veg concerned doesn't happen to be on the EU catalogue despite being farmed in France for centuries. 

Absinth makes the heart grow fonder. Absinth is wormwood, the drink has been banned in its full strength for a long time now, but it is tasty! The other day in a posh restaurant I had Larch liquor, Myrtle  an unnamed one which was illegal to produce in large quantities(!) and an excellent wine produced by the owner.
 Anyway I am in training again after a bit of slacking, am climbing very nicely, but feel badly weak. Can't do a one arm pull up, how mortifying, better crucify myself on the pull up board with a 20 kg weight strapped to myself. Have been eating really well, organic food, and become a vegetarian after a lapse of a few years. I was a veg for 25 years, and a vegan for some of that time. Still have chickens for their wonderful eggs, don't know how that's gonna work out, and still clean insects off the garden. But hey you do what you can, right? So I am gonna try to climb hard, and put up great routes.